Monday, February 14, 2011

More me

I am spending 2 days at a "rangefinding" meeting where we evaluate state testing open response questions for 5th grade. It has been so inter testing to see the process they use to evaluate these open responses. At first she had us complete one ourselves and then we saw how they were scoring them. Then we scored some for practice. I pride myself in my 5th grade science knowledge so I hate to admit it but I didn't score a 4/4 on mine. ;P I guess I will have to start looking a little closer at how I tell my students to answer/explain and show work on open response style questions. :)

Missing my babies. I missed their Valentine's Day fun. Dustin gave them their goodies (Austin=skittles/legos, Ashlynn=chocolates/stuffed animals, Jackson=toy ambulance that makes lots of noise for Daddy ---evil grin) :)

I made a new friend today, which is very difficult for me. She and I ran 4 miles together on the treadmills (new experience) I think I have a blister on my big toe! Anyways, I'm excited to have new teacher friend to hang out with who does MY kind of thing and has lots of other things in common with me. :) (maybe that's why it's so difficult...I know I'm weird!)

No comments:

Post a Comment