Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Busy Weekend

We became adopted parents to a new puppy yesterday. We were down at the park where Dustin was playing music for the city festival and there was a lady giving these cute little puppies away. Well, she gave one away and didn’t bother to ask the parents if it was okay. Then she went ahead and went home! That is just LOW! Pawning puppies off on innocent kids who think they can have anything that someone is giving away… anyhow, we have a new Chihuahua mixed breed puppy which is pretty darn cute. The kids named her Lucky! Ashlynn and I went shopping today and we had to get her some cute little puppy stuff. She ended up with a pink polka dotted collar and a cute little purple tag with her name on it.




While Ashlynn and I were shopping, Dustin was at home doing his fatherly duties (pretty good since it is Father’s Day). Him and Austin finished the tree house. I have to say it looks like a real little tree house. It has a Plexiglas window that opens and latches shut, a little door, and built in shelves on the inside. The roof is even pitched! It has a little manly rope ladder that is quite difficult for a seven month pregnant lady to climb… that was probably quite entertaining for the neighbors! I am so proud of my hubby! I will have to go out and take pictures of it!




On another note, Ashlynn entered her first rodeo event last night. I didn’t go with them because I had been the night before and had been attacked down the front of my shirt by little stinging beetles. I didn’t’ want a repeat of hard seating and attack bugs so I stayed home. I wish I had been there to take pictures… anyways…. back to the story. Ashlynn entered the sheep riding contest. There were thirty contestants and she placed 4th! Not bad for her first try. She was a little disappointed because she forgot to spur on her sheep with her feet and that’s why she lost a few points! Dustin said it was the funniest thing ever. Her sheep took across the arena away from everyone else and she was just hanging on to her rope and waving her little arm. Her cowgirl hat had blown off her head and I can just imagine that her short blonde hair was just blowing in the wind! Go Ashlynn! Today all she can talk about is how she wants to do it again!!! My little cowgirl! I am definitely getting pictures next time around.




Austin goes off to church camp tomorrow! I am so nervous. I know, I know. He is nine and a half years old and old enough to go to a supervised camp, but I am going to miss him so much. I have been packing up his clothes today… kind of regretting letting him go because I won’t get to see much of him until Friday! I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment